Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Happy 80th Birthday Mom!

Made a card for my mom who turns 80 this summer!! My mom has Alzheimer's and lives in an assistant living home in FL. I haven't seen her in over a year, since before Covid. Not sure when I will get down there but hopefully I can make it for her 80th birthday. She has had Alzheimer's for 6 years but still recognizes me which I am thankful for. She has a hard time remembering to take her diabetes meds and her short-term memory is really bad.

The Paper Players - Challenge #PP540

Stamps by Flora & Fauna









4 comments:

Bunny said...

A Happy Birthday to your mom. Oh, how that wretched COVID is taking away precious time from our loved ones. Send me her address and I would love to send her a birthday card. Go to my blog and my gmail account is on their. I'm in Jacksonville Beach, FL. [Bunny]

meg said...

A beautiful card to celebrate your mum's birthday,hope you get to see her soon

Nancy said...

I am sorry to hear that you haven't seen your mom in over a Year. I hope you will be able to come down for her 80th birthday! Your card is darling and I love the colorful banner! I take care of my dad who has Dementia so I can relate a bit to what you are dealing with. Not only does Covid stink so does Dementia/Alzheimers too! Big hugs and thanks for playing along at The Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!