Sunday, December 30, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Had a nice day yesterday. I got a new digital Canon camera .WOW, is that thing speedy!! Also got the bigger lens to go with it to take really close up shots. I will try it out today. Also got a mini sewing machine to sew on my cards. I have been wanting to try that but hate the thought of dragging out my BIG sewing machine just to sew on paper. This new machine weighs just 5 lbs and is so cute! lol Emily is having lots of fun with her Apple laptop computer and Nicholas loves his Ipod itouch. Santa was good at the Thacker's this year. Ok I must go and make sure everything is ready :).
P.S. The new TAC catalog is awesome. Alot of really neat sets and I think I have about 7 on my wish list. I actually got the new TAC catalog, the new Stampin Up catalog and the new CTMH catalog all within 2 days of each other. WOW!! lol
Monday, December 24, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Click for Video
I hope you don't mind I copied this from your blog Lesa.
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Then she could make anything she wanted out of this star and she had to decorate the star by painting it and then working around that star.
She made these real-looking cupcakes. She could not use real food so we had to decide what would make great looking cupcakes. Went to HL and bought styrofoam balls, cut off the bottoms so they would be flat fitting in the cupcake liners. Found really cute cupcake liners with cupcakes on the liners (Erin, you would love the liners!). Can you see how cute the liners are Erin?
The frosting was next, what to use for the frosting? Next to the styrofoam balls was this Smooth Finish Paint and it is specifically used for styrofoam balls so we mixed some of that with some food coloring to get the different colors. The one cupcake with the "candle" in it has a different texture as the frosting. We used Decorative Snow for that one. It was a bit chunky so we tried the other stuff and that seemed to work out better. I think they came out really nice and let's see if she gets an A+++. lol
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Tell me which one you like best...
1) This one I used prismacolor pencils and gamsol.
2) This one I colored with my Stampin Up markers
Santa stamp by Rubbernecker. Tiny snowman stamp by Stampendous
Paper by Basic Grey Figgy Pudding
Glitter on hat and star
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's presents are never wrapped at our house. Presents from mom and dad are wrapped
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights on trees and colored lights outide
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put up your decorations? This is the first year I put them up the day after Thanksgiving. That might be my new tradition.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pumpkin Pie
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Sneaking into my mom & dad's closet and peeking at my presents. I did this every year and never got caught! LOL
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember that long ago!!
9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have one tree with just snowmen on it and the other tree has all different ornaments on it.
10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it but then we never get any.
11. Can you ice skate? Never tried
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not particular
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin Pie
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Driving around with the kids AND dogs looking at Christmas lights
16. What tops your tree? on one tree I have an angel and on my snowman tree I have a snowman at the top
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Definitely giving
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Christmas Waltz by the Carpenters
19. Candy Canes? Yum
Post this on your blog and fill in your own answers! Please don't post your answers here, put them on YOUR blog. I posted my answers accidentally to Becky B's blog. LOL
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Getting a link to appear within your thread is easy. For instance, if you want your message to look something like this: Check out this link Here's how you would do it using the example above:
Type your sentence (ie. Check out this link).
Highlight the words in your sentence that you want to represent your link. In the example above, I highlighted the words "this link"
Click on the button that looks like a chain link with a globe behind it.
Type or paste your url
Its sooooooooooooo easy!! Try it on your blog next time.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
I know, I know ... its a little early to be doing my Easter cards but I wanted to try this triangle fold card
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Mine is: Miserlygrinch Crustyfinger.
That is too funny!!!!
I went back to the allergy dr today and they ran a bunch of blood tests. If I don't take my Allegra everyday, then I either get hives on my feet or my lips swell up. The last skin tests they did about 2 months ago showed I am ONLY allergic to cats (which I already knew that!) and we don't even have a cat. So it must be something!! I won't get the results back till Dec 20th. That sure seems like a long time!! They took like 7 vials of blood. I'm surprised I have any left!! LOL
Oh I know what happened today that was exciting!! I got an email from a person wanting to know if she could BUY 3 snowmen Christmas ornaments. How cool is that?! So I will ship those off in the next day or so. I was so excited!!
No more snow flurries. I knew they wouldn't last! Darn!!
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
2) I did some ornaments with wire and some without. I can't tell a difference with wire so I eliminated that step in most of them. The ribbon seems to hold the sock on just fine as long as you use some sort of sticky tape to hold the sock on. I used Stampin Up's sticky strip tape that comes in a long red roll.
3) I found some of the "fluffier" socks at Walmart but these don't stick as well using the sticky tape. I prefer the Target $ spot socks. They stay on better.
4) That's all I can think of right now :).