Wednesday, May 12, 2021

A Day at the Beach

If you ever have wanted to try and watercolor a beach, this video tutorial by EmiKay Art will help. I watched it and then tried it and actually I love how it came out. I decided to add some birds (stamp by Repeat Impressions) and the girl on the towel are by Stamping Bella. I remember I got 4 of these Stamping Bella stamp sets several years ago and I love making scenes with them.

I wish I was on the beach today. If you haven't read in the news, we are having a gas shortage in NC (all stations in Charlotte are supposedly TOTALLY OUT OF GAS as of last night). Some pipeline was breached that comes to our area or something like that. Our governor called a State of Emergency so they are not allowed to raise the prices really high and that caused complete chaos yesterday and everyone ran out and topped off the tanks, just in case. I did not do that. I have plenty of gas in my car and will just stay home a few days. 

Make the Cards Challenge - Beach

Stamps by Stamping Bella
Birds by Repeat Impressions









7 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous scene,love the definition between land sea and sky

Allisa said...

Such a great card, your watercolor beach turned out fantastic! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

Melanie Hungerford said...

You did a great job on the beach scene, and that little sunbathing girl is adorable! Thanks for playing along at Make the Cards Challenge this week.

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful scene hun. I would love to be on the beach. Love Dawn x

Darlene said...

OH MY STARS ... what a fabulous beach scene ... awesome background! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

designbydonna said...

Love your litle beach scene. You did a fabulous watercolor for the ocean. So sorry you are having the gas shortages. It hasn't affected us in the midwest. Hope they get it straightened out shortly.

Susie Moore said...

Your card makes me want to spend a day relaxing at the beach! Thanks for joining us at the Make the Cards Challenge this week.