Monday, July 1, 2019

Science Fiction/Out of this World or Patchwork at The Crafter's Cafe

I am excited to announce I am on the The Crafters Cafe Design Team. This design team has so many crafters from all over the world - Australia, England, New Zealand, Netherlands, Uruguay, Greece and India. This week's challenge is Science Fiction/Out of this World or Patchwork. I chose to make this patchwork background using my Tombow markers and water.

I learned this technique by taking a wonderful class with Kristina Werner last summer. It was a watercolor class and I learned so many neat things. You can still find the class here if you want to take it at your own pace. I have used these techniques many times over the years. This is how I did the background: I taped a piece of watercolor paper to my clipboard (to prevent warping from the water). Then I took a ruler and measured every 3/4" across and up and down. I watercolored every other square a color, before moving onto the next color so the first colors would dry before starting on the 2nd color. I printed the digital image onto Bristol cardstock and colored him with watercolor markers (Tombow) and adhered it to the card. I just printed off the saying from my computer.

I hope you will join in on the fun over at The Crafters Cafe.

I want to enter in the following challenges:

Colour Crazy Craft - Anything Goes
QKR - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Anything Goes with a sentiment

Peter Pan digital by My Besties
Sentiment (printed on computer)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What a little cutie and I love the checkered background!

Dawn Phillips said...

Congratulations on the new DT spot. Your card is so sweet. Love Dawn x