Friday, March 1, 2019

Merry Christmas (even though its March 1st) lol

Happy March 1st!! Here it is March 1st and I dug out this new Christmas die I found on sale at Hobby Lobby last week. I've had my eye on it for awhile but at $24.99, I said no way. THEN, I just happened to see it marked down to $6.24. I could not pass it up. It's by Spellbinders.

For the background, I got out my gel press and put some acrylic paint on it, then swiped the paint over it using an old credit card to get this look. It kind of reminds me of a sunset :). Then I stamped the sentiment into Versamark and then added white embossing powder so it would stand out on the black. I am entering this in the following challenges this week:

Crafting by Designs - Silhouettes
Christmas at Sweet Stampers - Anything Goes
Cute N' Crafty Christmas - Challenge #7
Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions
Little Red Wagon - Love it (I am totally in love with this Christmas die!)

Tree picking die by Spellbinders
Sentiment by Flora & Fauna
Background done using gel press and acrylic paints




6 comments:

meg said...

Great card and die, I looked at it but expensive here in the UK too

Tammy said...

What a beautiful Christmas card Sherri, I love the background and that gorgeous die!
Tammy x

Chris said...

It is a great die and looks fabulous against the colourful background. Thanks for joining us at CASS this month
Chris
x

Imke said...

I understand why you LOVE this die - it´s wonderful and so your card.

Thanks for joining our "Love it" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon this week.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Donna Ellis said...

What a gorgeously colored, sweetly nostalgic creation, Sherri! So glad you uploaded your project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge so I could come visit. Hope to see more of your pretty submissions in the future. Please check back to see if you are a selected DT favorite!
Warm Smiles,
de
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Helen said...

A lovely Christmas card, Sherri! Perfect watercoloured background for that gorgeous silhouette! Always great to get a jump on Christmas cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!