Friday, July 16, 2010

Winston-Salem Rubber Stamp Convention or Bust!!











This weekend several of us are meeting at the Winston-Salem Rubber Stamp Convention. Lesa, Joanie, Michelle, Paula, Ellie, Patty, Chelsea, Angie and Mary are going. Some last minute planning went into it with Chelsea, Patty, Angie and Mary. They actually wanted to surprise everyone they were coming. It was all I could do to keep it "top secret" for a whole week. If you know me at all, I do not keep secrets too great. I'm too excited and too loud to keep secrets. LOL We made it until Tuesday and then Angie spilled the beans to Lesa and I spilled the beans to the others. I made these fun cards for everyone going in the group. I mailed them this week. This card was not that hard to make. I showed you step by step how I made the card. First, I stamped the big cloud stamp by Hero Arts. I love this stamp. It sure makes clouds easy now. To the cloud images, I added a yellow circle as the sun and I added some birds. I then punched out the grass using my Martha Stewart grass border punch. Another punch I love. I then stamped the Amuse "stamp store" stamp several times and colored and cut each one out. I stamped all of these Hero Arts girls several times, colored them and cut each one out adding them to the card. I think it came out cute. Looking forward to the stamp convention tomorrow. Today we are going to Stampers Alley and Enchanted Cottage so we are all excited about that!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh!! This is just so adorable. I never even thought to stamp a whole bunch of something (like my oriental girls) and color them and have them ready when I want to make a card. I bet your friends got the biggest kick out of this card picking out themselves...lol. Great job. SCS(not2shabbydesigns)

sunbear said...

that is COOL!

Lesa said...

This is an amazing card! A lot of cutting and coloring and paper piecing Sherri and I appreciate it. xo