Friday, August 24, 2007

Ladybug went to the groomer today ...


She has been numerous times to this groomer. She was long overdue for a haircut. I picked her up 2 hours later to find her right eye was droopy looking. I called the groomer back and said her eye looked strange, did they know why? They did not. I called the vet, they said bring her in. The vet took 1 look and said "Oh my. She has a classic case of Horner's Syndrome". I had never heard of it. It is similar to Bells Palsy that humans get. One of her eyes is droopy and her 3rd eyelid doesn't close properly. So her eye is open but it isn't open all the way. This sometimes just happens and sometimes an ear infection can cause it or stress. Could Tudi be causing her stress ya think? I don't know. She just looks pitiful. This is a drawing of a dog with Horner's Syndrome. I can't take a photo - its too painful to look at :(. She is on antibiotics for her ear and a heavy duty steroid to help her feel better. She certainly is in no mood to play with Tudi so Tudi looks sad too because no one will play with her. Poor thing!! This could last from 6-8 weeks ... geez!!

3 comments:

2 Worlds said...

Oh , maybe is stress tell me about it
my puppy is doing strike to eat, he eats what he not suppose to but his food not. Let's me crazy.
And he has been scared from everything this days.

Heather Grow said...

Awww. Poor Ladybug.

Lesa said...

Oh poor baby. Hope it doesn't last 6-8 weeks! Give her Xtra hugs each day.