Friday, March 29, 2024

Striped cake with double side tape heat embossing

I learned this technique over at Splitcoast. I took my skinny strips of 2-sided tape, laid them down on the cake and then put black sparkly embossing powder on top, pushed down with my fingers and then blew it dry with my heat tool. I had never tried this before and it was so easy!! You can see it done here. It's called Double Side Tape Heat Embossing. I used all stamps and the fringe die cut from Concord & 9th.

TIME OUT - Stripes






3 comments:

meg said...

Great technique and a fabulous birthday cake

Nonni said...

Such a cool technique and you have mastered it in your first time! Love the stripes on the cake, a very fun idea. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Bobby said...

I had totally forgotten about that technique, Sherri. It was a great way to make a sparkly birthday cake. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.