Saturday, October 22, 2022

Trick or Treat Diorama

I wish I had set my timer for making this diorama and it took me 4 TRIES . Yes 4 tries to get it right. One of the problems I was having is I don't have a slim enough die cut long enough and I don't have an exacto knife (I'm afraid of using them) so I cut this shorter than the example. Mine is 5" wide instead of 6 1/2". That way I could use a smaller die cut for my middle and not have such wide sides. Hope this makes sense! Anyway, I dug out more Halloween critters to make this card. I do like how it came out even though it took me well over an hour to complete this card!! Whew!! Now I need a nap! LOL  Here is the tutorial on Splitcoast complete with a video should you want to try to make one. It does lay flat to mail but I am going to keep it on my desk for ME as it makes me smile :). 

As You See It - Halloween For Me, the Spookiest Thing on Halloween is always ... THE TRICK OR TREATERS 
Beyond the Blue - Halloween
Festive Friday - Challenge #FF0120 (Witch, Ghost, Pumpkins, Trick or Treat)

Stamps by Honey Bee Stamps 
Grass punch by Martha Stewart










9 comments:

meg said...

A wonderful diorama card with those fun critters,love your Halloween decorations

Deborah Wheeler said...

Fab card Sherri - defintitely worth all the effort! I don't like the trick or treaters at Hallowwen either (although the ones on your card look quite fun!) Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge. Deborah DT

Heather Cooper said...

This diorama card is fantastic and those little trick or treaters are so cute! I'm so sorry it took so much out of you to make it! It was definitely worth the effort though! I always get a kick out of the little trick or treaters at Halloween, although some of the older ones can be a bit scary! Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Adorable card! I have tried to adapt dimensions and I know how frustrating it can be, but you ended up successful and your card looks great! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

Heather said...

Lol, I don't know, those are some awfully adorable trick or treaters, lol! What a splendid diorama card, and so many spooky details! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Totally adorable card! Love the diorama and all those cute and spooy animals! Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

Lee said...

Oh now that is a cool diorama!! I've been enjoying making some fun folds as well! Love this!!

Jane Knudsen said...

This is fantastic! I have neither the talent or patience to make a diorama so I am so glad you made it through! It is super cute with all the little critter trick or treaters! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!!

Jan Clothier said...

I'm surprised this beauty ONLY took you an hour! Such amazing levels of detailing in both the scene and the well-coloured inhabitants. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge.