Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!  2-0-2-2  Can you believe it!!?? I fell asleep before midnight last night. We had our grand-dog Tino here with us for the night and him and I posed for a picture wearing our 2022 glasses :). (see below) Plus one with just him in the glasses. LOL

This was my attempt at aurora lights in the night time sky. I did some Oxide ink blending for the sky. Then I stamped the trees (Momenta stamps), used Hero Arts white pigment ink and did swiping motions for the light effect. The bear is a die cut by Spellbinders I found recently at Hobby Lobby. For a little of sparkle on the snow, I added some Distress Mica Flakes and I glued those down by just using some drops of Glossy Accents and letting the flakes fall where they fall. (Tim Holtz advised to add the flakes this way, just let them land where they fall instead of trying to place them in certain spots)

If You Give a Crafter a Cookie - January polar bear

Tree stamps by Momenta
Bear die cut by Spellbinders
Distress Mica Flakes
Oxide inks blended
White Hero Arts pigment ink for aurora lights in sky







3 comments:

meg said...

Your polar bear is gorgeous and your tree line and sky simply beautiful.Two fun pics of your 2022 glasses

Dawn Phillips said...

Happy New year Sherri. I love the deep dark sky on you card

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Stay safe and healthy!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper