Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Not a Turkey

Here's another "Wrapped Yarn Resist" card. Some people used acrylic paints, some people used Oxide inks. I chose acrylic paints. I figured if this little girl could do it in the video, certainly I could do it so I did it exactly like she did and to my surprise, I can actually see trees !!!  YAY!! You really need to try it. It's fun and easy!!!

Crafting Happiness - Give Thanks
Double D Challenge - A Walk in the Woods

Turkey stamp and die cut
by Taylored Expressions

Wrap cardstock with yarn.
I tied mine on the back so
it stayed tight.

Using a cotton ball, dab on
paints. I used acrylic paints.
Don't brush it on, just dab it on.

Take off the yarn and let dry.
Acrylic paints dry super
fast so you won't have to 
wait long. Then using a 
Zig black thin marker, draw
your trees. So easy!!


6 comments:

meg said...

Had to smile when I saw your card, the turkey is fantastic fun,a great background and trees

Dawn Phillips said...

What turkey, lol. I like how you've done the background. Love Dawn x

Diane said...

Wow, fabulous technique you did and what a great and fun turkey he is! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Barbara said...

This is an amazing technique and it worked well. I love how you disguised your turkey. Lol Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge. I hope to see you again.

Darlene said...

WOW what a GREAT idea! Love Mr. Turkey ... too cute! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘A Walk in the Woods’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Janis Lewis said...

You are brilliant! Great card. Thank you so much for linking up at my challenge blog, Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Always Anything Goes & Unlimited Entries
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create