Friday, August 20, 2021

Let it Snow shaker card

It's no secret, shaker cards are not my favorite. I have tried for YEARS, many many YEARS and I just could not get them quite right. For some reason, I watched another tutorial at Splitcoast and this one worked. I did have to double up on my foam tape around the circle so it would shake. I actually used foam tape from Dollar Tree. I wasn't sure how it would work, if it was even sticky enough but it appears to be just fine. I got 3 rolls for $1. I may go back and get more. I do know their 2 sided sticky tape is not worth $1. It barely sticks to anything!! 

So my thumbs are hurting again so I made an appt with the orthopedic dr Sept 2nd. I'm sure he will suggest thumb surgery this time which I am dreading because it's a 3 month recovery!! And I will eventually need both thumbs done :(. But my right one is really bothering me again so .... 

Global Design Project - Project 305

Stamps by Reverse Confetti (soon to be retired)
Sentiment by Tim Holtz

I found this 4' garland at Hobby Lobby 
on sale for $1.79, cut off the snowflakes
and will put in 2-3 shaker cards





1 comment:

meg said...

A fabulous shaker card,the snowmen are adorable,sorry to read that you are experiencing more pain,hopefully your appointment will be positive