Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Happy Halloween

Every once in awhile, I like to make a non-traditional colored pumpkin and I find this is my favorite I do that is not orange. I first colored the sky with Catherine Pooler's Midnight Black ink using a blending brush. Then, I stenciled on this constellation sky stencil (by Echo Park) using Hero Arts white pigment ink. I just wanted a few stars behind the cute bat. I fussy cut out everything out to add to this sky background. Added some NUVO drops. I got these Nuvo drops last year and I have them in 7 different colors - orange, caribbean ocean, black, white, pink, yellow and midnight blue. I need to dig them out more often because I really do love the glaze finish they provide. 

TGIF - Color Challenge #328
Festive Friday - Challenge #0090 (bats/night/black)
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge - Anything Halloween

Stamps by Purple Onion Designs
Colored with copic markers & Nuvo drops







5 comments:

Diane said...

LOVE your blue pumpkin and design, it's fabulous!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

meg said...

Love your colour combo,the pumpkin looks smashing in turquoise

Melanie Hungerford said...

A perfect background for the blue pumpkin, very fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday.

Darlene said...

WOW how cool is this! FUN blue pumpkin card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE. Who knows, there might be a prize without reaching that goal! LOL

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Love your color choices! I am all heart eyes over the Coastal Cabana pumpkin! Thank you for sharing your card and playing along with us at the Festive Friday challenge!