Saturday, March 27, 2021

Happy Graduation!

Here is another card using the Lift the Paint technique and you can see it here at Splitcoast. You will need the following: acrylic paints, diaper wipe, stencil and a brayer. Here, I used 4 colors: pink, orange, lime green, and purple. 

I took a piece of heavy cardstock (I did not use waterproof paper and it worked just fine) and I dripped some dots of acrylic paint onto the paper. Brayer colors together. Immediately, while still wet, place stencil on top and go over stencil with baby wipe using a swiping motion. Let dry. I, then stamped the 2021 numbers on it and had to use a black sharpie marker to fill in some of the black ink. I made this for my godchild Mindy who graduates from college in May and she will be a Kindergarten teacher this Fall.

Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with die cuts
My Time to Craft - Stencil It



7 comments:

meg said...

You are organized Sherri,a brilliant colourful graduation card

Bunny said...

Cute graduation card. Lovely colors. [Bunny]

Dawn Phillips said...

Just fabulous x

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hope you are doing well after your recent procedure! Being a fair redhead, I have had quite a few of these myself! This is a beautiful card with a really cool technique! Thanks for the quick version of this paint lifting action - I am going to give it a go! Take care!
Hugs - Rachelle

Cardogram said...

Love your card.. There is so much happiness in the card .. the colorful and the bright cheery background is all the happiness on the graduation. Your card reminds me of my graduation day... the die cuts are so wonderfully used in the silhouette.. Thank you joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything goes with the Dies Challenge.. DT Dhruvika @the_cardogram

Judith said...

loving the colours you have used thank you for joining the My Time To Craft challenge - JudithCE DT

Pat said...

Lovely card with great colours and sweet image, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx