Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I'm sorry there are no words to make this better

My aunt who was 80 years old has been battling Diabetes 1 for about 10 years. She got it late in life and it was so hard to change her way to eating low sugar or no sugar. It finally got the best of her and she lost her battle on Valentine's Day. She lived in Ohio and I would visit her twice a year. I would call her once a week and tell her everything! She was like a 2nd mom to me and I am going to miss her dearly. I played in my craft room all day yesterday and made sympathy cards to mail to her son, sister, and her sister's daughter too. 

This stamp set by Unity Stamps is perfect for sympathy cards and I love how the background came out too. 

Papercraft Challenges - For a loved one
Use Your Stuff - It's my Favorite (I love the way I did this sky with watercolors and this stamp set by Unity is one of my favorites I own in my stash)

Stamps by Unity Stamps

This was Aunt Charlie and I back in 
November 2019, long before Covid 
ever came along. I'm going to miss
her so much!! 


5 comments:

Bunny said...

Sorry for your loss.

Your card is beautiful. The background is fabulous. When watercoloring it's hard to get the same design twice but oh wouldn't it be nice to get this one again. Lovely. [Bunny]

meg said...

Sorry for your loss Sherri,a beautiful background and card

Julene Matthews said...

Your card caught my eye with that beautiful background. Thanks for joining us at UYS

missgailly said...

Beautiful card - love, love, LOVE that background. My sympathies for your loss. Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

Renate said...

My condolences, and a lot of strength in coping with this great loss.
Thank you for participating in our challenge with this beautiful, stylish card.
Hope to see you back.

-xiss- Renate.
(DT Papercraft Challenges)