Saturday, July 25, 2020

Joy to the World

It has been so hot this week in the Carolina's. Mid 90's with a heat index well over 100. So it feels strange making Christmas cards right now but why not, right? We've had thunderstorms every single night around dinner time and we have our grand-dog Tino here visiting for the week. He is so afraid of thunder that he just shakes and is so happy when they are over.

I recently got this gnome die set from Gina Marie Designs and he was so fun to color. I used the stars out of the Avery Elle camping set, the sentiment is by Ellen Hutson, the oval die cut is by Taylored Expressions along with Catherine Pooler's Suede Shoes ink.

Christmas Kickstart - Starry, Starry Night
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes
Double Trouble - Christmas in July (My favorite crafting tool at the moment is my blending brush by The Stamp Market. I just love love love how they blend so smoothly. I could never get those smooth brushes using my old handy dandy Tim Holtz foam pads)
Heart to Heart - Your fave crafting tool (my blending brush by The Stamp Market, see above)
Watercooler Wednesday - All About Occasions

Gnome die cut by Gina Marie Designs
Sentiment by Ellen Hutson
Stars by Avery Elle
Oval die cut by Taylored Expressions
Blue ink by Catherine Pooler
Gnome colored with Copics














11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Sounds like just the right weather for Christmas cards! Such a cute gnome. He looks lovely against his background of stars. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

meg said...

Love your gnome Sherri,he's a fabulous fun character a brilliant Christmas card

Pia S said...

What a great mix of supplies and suppliers to make this cute CAS style cards. I’m a big fan of gnomes. Thanks for sharing at Christmas Kickstart. Pia, Guest elf

Donna Scholz said...

Sherri - love your elf card! Your blending brushes do indeed allow you to do a fantastic job creating the sky on this card! I have seen so many beautiful jobs of blending using brushes that I ordered some this week. I hope I can make as beautiful backgrounds as you have on this card! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Excellent blending on the oval and beautifully colored gnome and layered... CAS and pretty layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.

Helen said...

Your little elf is the cutest little guy, Sherri! You have created the perfect CAS card with your ink blended background! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Tristan said...

Sherri your little gnome is adorable. Great colouring and love the spotlight panel behind him. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so sweet Sherri. I love the idea of you having a Grand-dog. My sister has a couple of those. Love Dawn x

Cat Nowak said...

Love the gnome! Fantastic card! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Kellianne said...

What an adorable clean and simple card! I love the colors you used too! Thank you for sharing it with us at Double Trouble! :)

Melanie R said...

Cute card, Sherri! I especially like the holiday vibe you achieved while keeping the card CAS. We're so glad you played along with us at Double Trouble #62.