Friday, February 7, 2020

Cut It Up Challenge 193 Love is in the Air

Here in the Carolina's, we don't get many tornadoes but yesterday we had one touch down only about 3 miles from us. It was so scary. The tornado horn went off - I wasn't sure what was happening. We got like 3-4" of rain and it rained hard all day long. So glad we are ok and it's over. Whew!! Onto this week's challenge at Cut It Up is Love is in the Air -Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is a week from today so why not make a card for your significant other? (Hubby and I will go out to eat the night before so it's not as crowded).

This was a fun card to make using Concord & 9th's die cut set called "Sew Happy Hearts". It's perfect for Valentine's Day or any occasion! I used pink and red embroidery floss that I picked up at Hobby Lobby and I just went in and out of each of the holes. I alternated the colors but not sure you can tell from this photo. I actually used 4 die cuts to make this card! No stamps.

I hope you'll join us at Cut It Up for our challenge this week. You can find the challenge here. Don't forget to use a die cut on your project.

I'm also entering this in the following challenge:

Moving Along with the Times - Sentiment as Focus
Time Out - Affectionate
CAS on Sunday - LOVE



10 comments:

Evelyn said...

What a unique card! Must have been fun to put together, and yes, I can see the different color embroidery floss.

I've always wanted to experience a tornado (weird, I know!) Wind just exhilarates me, and I think I'd be mesmerized by the funnel. We had rain for the last two days here in Virginia and it will be windy today.

Evelyn

ScrappyHorses said...

So happy to hear you are well and unharmed from the severe storms! We live in the midwest and see tornadoes every spring. Currently snow and ice on the ground here with lots of delays, but the sun is shining!

Your card is so pretty with the stitching and the die is perfect! I love to see different ideas and this is one I hand't seen before! Happy you shared it!

Vicki said...

Beautiful and so creative, Sherri! This had to take some time!

sandie said...

what a fun way to add some texture by using this sewing and pink and red always look so good together. Love the clean look of this card. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Claudia's kaartjes said...

Wat mooi papier. En wat een leuke kaart maakte jij. Alles past bij elkaar.
Very beautifil paper. Stunning card.
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Larelyn said...

How cute is this!! Love the stitching. Glad you're safe. I experienced a tornado warning once in Illinois. The siren, torrential rain and wind, scared the daylights out of me.

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Sherri! You have done such a good job with this CAS layout and I love the added texture from the fiber accents you incorporated! Very nice!

Scrapper69 said...

Such a sweet card! I love the stitching!

Theresa

Treva said...

Nice card, like the stitching; thanks for the reminder that I need to, try that technique soon!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love the stitchig! Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Time Out.