Monday, July 8, 2019

My hand sewn shorts

I started sewing tote bags last September and I have moved onto clothes. I signed up to take a sewing class in the town nearby and I go every Monday morning for 2 hours. Its a very small class which makes it nice to get one on one help from the teacher. I made these shorts recently - I love to read so when I saw this fabric at Joann's, I knew I had to make something with them. One day I was having lunch with a friend and this man says to me "Are you a teacher?" I said "no". He said "well you must be a librarian." I said "no". I forgot I had these shorts on. After realizing why he was saying what he was, I answered "Oh I love to read books". It was funny!! I get lots of comments whenever I wear these shorts. In today's class, I'm working on a kimono.

A Place to Start - Book shorts



2 comments:

Rachelle Oltean said...

Sherri - these are so cute - I LOVE the fabric! What a hoot that he was asking you questions that related to your shorts! : )
Red xo

Chana Malkah said...

Well, they are quite the conversation starter! :D) Nicely done! I have started making my tote bags for the winter and I think this fabric would make a great tote (I don't wear shorts). I will have to check my Joann's to see if they have this print. Thanks so much for sharing this great project and good luck on your Kimono! Thanks for supporting our challenge!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner Designer
A Place To Start Challenge Blog