Monday, August 6, 2018

Cards in Envy - Something New

For the challenge at Cards in Envy this week, we are to make a card that features SOMETHING NEW - a new stamp, new ink, or new technique. I used this new stamp by Art Impressions and also my new "semicircle turnabout" stamp by Concord & 9th Stamps. This stamp took me awhile to figure out how to make it come out right but once I watched the video a few times (yes, I had to watch it more than once to "get it!"), then it all came out fine. This stamp (in my opinion) works best with a Misty and I did not have the bigger Misty. I only have the smaller Misty and this stamp does not fit in the smaller Misty. I tried several times to get it to work without using the Misty at all and even though Concord & 9th claims it can be done, mine was not coming together quite right. I decided to get Tim Holtz's stamp platform at Hobby Lobby this week with my coupon and that works on it great. All cards must fit into a standard size envelope for easy mailing. 

I had fun with this challenge. I love these 2 colors together - teal and red.

I hope you'll join us in our our challenge here




Girls laughing Art Impressions
Sentiment Art Impressions
Background stamp by Concord & 9th
Watercolors by Tombow markers

1 comment:

Sandy Trefger said...

Those stamps are so much fun! I have a few of them but not this one I don't think. Ha. Very cute card!