Saturday, August 11, 2018

A gift box made with a CD and just paper!!

I was excited when I was asked to be a guest designer for the next challenge at 2 Sisters on the Blog and you can see their blog here. The challenge is to design a gift box. I went onto You Tube and found this awesome video. All you need is a CD (to trace it onto paper), a pencil, a ruler and I used my bone folder to help with the creases. I believe the guy in the video used a textured paper but I didn't have any textured paper so I used this cute flip flop paper I had laying around and it came out just fine. Where the guy went over the extra lines with his pencil a 2nd time is where I used my bone folder to crease the paper and that made it want to fold in much easier. Here is the end result and I must say I will definitely be making more of these when I need a cute tiny box.

Flip flop paper by Paper Studio
 found at Michael's



Add a bow and it's all good to go!! 

No comments: