Friday, February 16, 2018

Keep Calm and Float On

I was so excited when I saw this stamp/die set on some of the Instagram stories I followed from CHA that I ordered it the day it came out and I got it in the mail 3 days later. I ordered it directly from Avery Elle and I just love it and I had to play with it right away. Even though it's still winter, I made a couple of summer birthday cards since I knew exactly what I wanted to make. For the swimming pool, I used this specialty paper I found at Michael's called "Foil Paper" by Recollections.

There's a little story behind this card. I decided to use all 3 donuts as the floats since my 2 friends and I used to frequent Dunkin Donuts quite a bit "back in the day". So this card has all of us floating on our donut rafts :). I thought the "sunglasses" button was perfect for this too :).

Now I want to float on a donut raft eating a DONUT :). Only if it was WARMER, of course!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp - Add Die Cut
4 Crafty Chicks - Lots of Layers
Aud Sentiments - For a friend
Cardz 4 Galz - Stamping, No Digis
Star In My Pocket - Make it Girly


I decided to stamp, color and die cut a bunch
at one time so I have them ready to go for my
next several cards. This took me a few hours. LOL

Stamps and Dies by Avery Elle



4 comments:

Debbie Mageed said...

Super cute! It's great making cards for warmer weather when there's snow on the ground like there is here in Michigan. Thank you for playing along with us at Cardz 4 Galz and hope you can join us again soon.

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Sherri! The scene you've created is super cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Julie said...

Fun card
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T