Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I made some more calendars but made them "my own"


I loved the calendars I did last week but I wanted a different picture with each month so I changed the measurements a little and came up with this:


Supplies used:

8 1/2" x 11" cardstock for the base
3 sheets Melon Mambo Stampin Up cardstock cut to 4" x 8 1/2"
3 1/2 sheets Bermuda Bay Stampin Up cardstock cut to 4" x 8 1/2"
12 months from 2010 calendar, trim around each
1 sheet matching patterned paper 3 7/8" x 6 1/2"
Thread for top of calendar

So this is what I did. First take a piece of Bermuda Bay Stampin Up 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock and score it at 4", 8", 9" and 10". Valley fold the score marks and add a strip of red line tape to one edge to form the base that the calendar will attach to. Then I trimmed 6 1/2 sheets of cardstock to 4" x 8 1/2". I did alternating colors for every other month which means I did 3 of Melon Mambo and 3 1/2 sheets of Bermuda Bay. I then trimmed the calendar to fit onto each page and added them to their pages. Add patterned paper to front page. Using hole puncher (I used my Cropadile), punch holes at 1 3/8", 4 1/8" and 7" through all the pages including the base. Stamp 2010 on white cardstock and add to the front. Using heavy duty thread, attach at top so the pages can turn easily. I tried using ribbon but it was too thick (IMO) to flip the pages over. Stamp 12 different images, (make sure they are small enough to fit into empty space) color the images and add a different image to each month. Voila, its done!! I think this will make an awesome gift!!! Be sure and let me know if you try this.

No comments: