Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to school shopping and bad timing on my part.

I was doing my back to school shopping at Staples minding my own business when ...
I heard on the loud speaker "If anyone owns a beige Toyota van with license plate number xxxxxxx, please come to the front of the store". Well, I did stop and think but kept on shopping (I do not know my own license plate number) .... I finished my shopping, paid and went out to my van. I noticed a piece of paper under my windshield wiper and then I saw "it". A nice sideswipe on the drivers front side bumper. I could've screamed!!! I called the police so I could have a police report since it was not my fault. The police came and said "if" was under $1,000 damage (which I think it is but I have no idea) then I should just go home and call her insurance company. He called the girl and she apologized. I came home and called her insurance company and they are going to call in a day or so and I have to go out and have them look at it and go from there. At least she left me a note and was honest!! As you can see, I really think it just needs a new paint job. We'll find out in a day or so. I've already talked to her insurance company and I'm waiting to hear where I need to take the car and get an estimate.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

That is a big bummer Sheri. I hope you get it resolved soon.
like school shopping doesn't kill the wallet as is!

shuggy said...

holy cow. i was thinking like a little ding.

BarbK said...

I'm glad the person left you a note. This could have been very different, indeed.