Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Another cute gift card box idea for you


If you haven't been to Stamp Act's blog, you must go and see all the fun projects she does. I frequent her blog and this gift card box was easy to do if you go by her instructions. First, you will be cutting the bottom of your box. Measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". Score at 3/4" around all 4 sides. I cut a tiny slit on the 4 long sides of the box and then used sticky tape to hold the sides in place to make your box.

Now you will make the lid. Measure 4 1/2" x 6" and score all 4 sides at 7/8". Again, I cut a tiny slit in each corner so you can bend them into make the box. Before you tape your sides, you will want to use your border punch around all 4 sides. I used my Martha Stewart scallop dot punch. Then when that is all punched, glue the sides together. Again, I used the sticky tape so it will stick good.




The next step is the little card holder on the inside of the box. Measure that 3 3/4" x 5" and score all 4 sides at 1/2" all around. Before you tape your sides together, you will want to use your slit punch and punch a hole in each side. This will hold the gift card in place. I stuck it all the way in and punched. Then adhere the sides using sticky tape. Add your gift card.



You're almost done. I made a belly band for my box. Measure 1" x 8". Use sticky tape to make it a band. Don't make it too tight, it should slip right over the box. Then I used my 1/2" circle punch and punched out my image and then stuck that to a SU scallop circle. Adhere that to the belly band. Voila! All done!!





4 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

So So so cute! I love how you did the edge!

Swamp Tulip said...

Sherri - this is awesome. I am definitely casing this project :) Thanks for sharing.

Teresa

Michelle Clark said...

Way cute. Love it. TFS. You are so creative.

Michelle

Bridgett Owens said...

I like this gift card holder a lot!