Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Update on Robin 9/12/07

I went over to see Robin again today. Could only stay for about 20 minutes as she was in and out of sleep. She is heavily sedated on morphine but she is alert when she is awake. She knew who I was and even joked a little bit with me, but then would drift back to sleep. Hospice is coming in every other day and thank god she has her mom there to help also. Her mom and mother in law are taking turns being there all the time now. I started crying as soon as I saw her and her mom said "Now Sherri is being a bad girl Robin" and Robin said" Yes please don't cry" so then I started to laugh and then Robin tried to laugh. Its so sad seeing her like this!!

4 comments:

Tami Bayer said...

It's just so very sad all around. Her poor mom, I can't imagine how hard this is for her, too. Wrapping you up in love and hugs, Sherri.

Mary Jayne said...

Sherri... I completely understand what you are going through. Although I haven't posted about that at SS, I too lost a dear one on 01/01/07, my sister in law passed away after her second round with renal cancer. She was 60, with 6 children ages 41-17... totally devastating to see the ones we love fade away. Frances was not only my SIL, she was also my friend and I still miss her. I'm glad you are able to visit with Robin, it's hard not to show emotions when we see them so frail... You are a wonderful friend! I will pray for both of you!
God Bless you!

Melissa said...

Sherri,

My heart goes out to you as I know watching someone fail due to cancer is no fun. I just lost my Dad to this dreaded disease on 8/12 (my 43rd b-day) and I feel it was his gift to me. I miss him terribly. I will keep your friend Robin in my thoughts and prayers during this transition into eternal life. You are so right, cancer sucks!!!
mdcash (Stamp Shack)

Lesa said...

Oh Sherri,
You are not being bad by crying. This is the most appropriate situation to give a good cry. You are watching cancer slowly torture Robin to death. Hope your getting extra love from your family and Robin is finding some peace - no pain. Peaceful prayers to her family. Cancer Sucks Big Time!