Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just got back from taking Ladybug to the vet for her 1st of many upcoming allergy shots ...

We had her tested about 2 weeks ago and the tests came back, she is allergic to 23/90 items they tested her for. This is just a small list of what she's allergic to: cotton, feathers, chicken, beef, cockroaches, fescue grass (which we have), oak trees, maple trees (we have these trees all over our yard), dust mites, and the list goes on and on and on... You get the picture!! So today we started with allergy shots. I had to learn how to give them to her. She doesn't get just one but TWO shots every other day for 2 weeks then she will move 2 shots every 5 days until she is getting them once a month. We won't know if its working for many months so we will have to put up with the scratching and all that for awhile longer. We had to change her food as she was highly allergic to it too. The vet gave her one shot and I gave her the other one today so I could get used to it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but my palms were sweating like crazy and i was almost hyperventilating just the thought of it ... so that's how my day ended.

Oh, and in case you didn't notice, there is the ring that Tyler got Emily. Its too big right now so I need to get it resized. Till next time ---

1 comment:

Mary said...

Poor little Ladybug! I hope this works for her. Keep us posted...