Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It was 20 years ago today that I moved to Charlotte the first time ...

It was February 25, 1989 that I packed up from FL (after living there my whole life) and moved to the Carolinas. There was 12" of snow ON THE GROUND and I remember thinking "what is all that sand on the ground?" LOL I laugh at that now of course but I had never seen so much snow like that stacked on the ground. I lived here for 10 years, then we moved back to FL and now we are back in the Carolinas again (for 3+ years). It sure doesn't seem like 20 years ago that I moved here the first time. I usually can't remember things. I wonder why I remember this date. I know why, it was also the same day I had a car wreck in my Honda Prelude. What year I don't remember but I think that's why I can remember the "date" as I had 2 things to remember this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 20 years ago--seems like a lifetime. My heart broke that day but it mended. I thought you were crazy to do that but then what do moms know. Your big change turned into a very good change. I don't remember the accident in your Honda Prelude though.

Mrs. Fence said...

Wow, Sherri! Happy Moving Day Anniversary!