Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Is it too early for a Halloween card?

I know it's hard to think about Fall when its in the 90's out in the Carolina's but I could not resist this cute Halloween stamp set by My Favorite Things. I stopped everything I was doing and had to make this card. (Ok, I made 4 Halloween cards for my stash) Stacey Yacula drew these stamps and I love all of her stamps!! I also got these 2 Tucked In Turf dies from My Favorite Things for the grass. I couldn't decide on the horizontal or vertical so I had to get both. They have tiny blades of grass cut out in 3 places so the characters can go "under" or "behind" the grass. (see pic #2) Is it not genious? Anyway, I had fun doing this galaxy background using my Distress Oxide inks and I used white acrylic paint for the "stars".  You can see the background done here. These trick or treaters are just soooo cute!!!

Sweet Stampin' - Things with Wings

Stamps by My Favorite Things
Die from My Favorite Things
Sentiment is embossed with WOW white embossing powder

In the top pic, I just inked up the Oxide inks
onto a piece of watercolor cardstock.
In the bottom pic, I added black soot over top
and the white acrylic paint I used a
toothbrush to get the splatters so
it would look like a "galaxy".
It did take me a few tries but I am very happy
with the results :).






4 comments:

meg said...

the sky looks amazing Sherri, and these critters are far too cute to spook, great card

Tammy said...

Another awesome Halloween card Sherri, I love the cute images and your gorgeous spooky sky!

Chris said...

Cute stamps, lovely design, that sky looks amazing! A fun Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Dawn Phillips said...

Fab card hun. Love Dawn x