Saturday, January 20, 2018

This seems only fitting since we still have snow on the ground

It's very odd to have snow on the ground here, after 4-5 days of it snowing. I mean, I do live in Concord, NC. LOL  It's finally gotten up to 50 degrees but so far, it's not melting. Our driveway and roads are pretty clear but our yard, not so much. The sun just doesn't hit it enough I guess.

For this card, I stamped this brand new cute snowman onto water-color cardstock. I colored him using Jane Davenport watercolor paints. I tore sheets of paper to glue to the side of the card. Then added washi tapes to the bottom of the snowman.

Challenge Up Your Life - Snowman
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - T is for Technique
Just Add Ink - Something New



Stamp by Unity Stamp Company

8 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Very sweet, he looks as cold and shivery as I feel. It's snowing hard here in the south of England right now but not actually sticking around.
Thanks for joining us at SOSS
Jane

KimB said...

I love the texture in your watercolour sky Sherri, its such a fitting card for your snowy weather, although I hope you get blue skies and less snow soon! Thanks for showing us your something new project at Just Add Ink this week.

Jan said...

So adorable Sherri! Your snowman looks so glad of his scarf and such a lovely comapinion in his penguin friend. Your Washi and ripped paper details add such interest and texture to your design, Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card - looks like a cold snowman to me! I really like the ripped edges on your card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh what an adorable snowman and of course I am all over the washi!!!
Thanks for getting your technique on with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Lindsey said...

Ah, snow. It was a crazy weather week, wasn't it? But glad it inspired this cute snowman card - the torn papers and washi tape make your card bright and fun, even though it's cold! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

denise said...

Oh! I love this cute snowman! Thank you for joining us at challenge up your life!

Dotty Jo said...

Poor little soul, he looks so chilly... And sooo cute. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Jo x