Friday, September 5, 2008

Its hard sometimes making sympathy cards



I have the hardest time making sympathy cards and masculine cards. I got this new Stampin Up set called Inspired by Nature. I knew when I saw it in the new Stampin Up catalog I had to have it. I have had it now for about 3 weeks and haven't even inked it up yet so today I said I have to do something with it. I saw this card on the Stamp Shack and it was just beautiful. Jennifer had used her Stampin Up markers on the stamp itself, spritzed it with water and stamped the paper so I did the same thing. Voila, this is what I got. I love how it came out. I thought it would make for a great sympathy card. I never keep sympathy cards on hand so I thought I would make a few to keep in my box of cards. I also made a 2nd card. Now if I could just make a few more ....

The kids have school tomorrow - hmmm, maybe I can come back home and sleep a few extra hours. Sound good? :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

These are beautiful! I especially love the first one. So lovely.


great sentiments too.

K Hutchinson said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous! So glad that your arm is better and you can stamp again!

Peggy said...

I really, really like this technique and the top card. I think you can make more... for fun, and then have a stash!!! This really :0) caught my eye!

Traci G said...

these are just beautiful!! I love them!

Tami Bayer said...

You never have to design another sympathy card, Sherri. These are amazing, just make these again when you need one. Completely wonderful.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Sherri, these cards are so BEAUTIFUL! Oh my! These are perfectly gorgeous. How touched someone will be by your creativity and thoughtfulness to receive such a gorgeous card during such a difficult time.