Thursday, September 11, 2008

Have you ever gotten a new stamp set and didn't know how to use it?



Well, this is what happened to me with this stamp set by Stampin Up. Its called Time to Party. I have been waiting for samples to go up in the Splitcoast gallery and nothing yet. Its been several weeks and the only card in there is mine. Why? I have no idea. So I have to make a card for a friend of mine who is turning the big 3-0. I make the card using one of my new Taylored Expressions cupcakes and a stamp out of this new Stampin Up set. As you can see in the first card, it is supposed to be Happy30th Birthday but to me, it looks like Happy 03th Birthday. I knew that was not right. I could not figure it out. I went back to the Splitcoast message board, posted a message asking what I was doing wrong and within 5 minutes, someone responded and they told me to add a "0" to each number and this worked great so this is how it came out and it now looks like Happy 30th Birthday!! Hmmm, I know someone having a 50th birthday (MIKE!) next June so I will have to remember this trick! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*grin* It looks perfect now!! Congrats on a wonderful card! That little cupcake is cute!!

Traci G said...

wow! This is a brilliant idea!!!