Sunday, July 9, 2023

It's Your Birthday (with a surprise door)

This card was fun to make but it did take me awhile. The candles are all one die cut so I cut that out in 1 cut. I then watercolored each candle a different color. Then I had some stamps for some that have stripes so I stamped the stripes on just some of them. All die cuts and stamps are by The Greetery. The sentiment inside is by Papertrey Ink. The white ink is Hero Arts pigment ink and I used that on the candle "lights" and the inside sentiment since its a black card. I will have to sign the card in my white signo pen. The cake inside was just glued in there behind the surprise door. (hard to tell there are cake layers on the cake inside). I also added some Glossy Accents to the frosting inside for a shiny effect. I love this little surprise door (also by The Greetery), I am already thinking of other cards I can use this for. It comes in a set of 3 die cuts - they are called Hidden Message Dies and you can see them here

Creative Knockouts - Finish the Inside 
Cardz 4 Galz - More than one fold
As You Like It - Favorite Plain or Patterned Papers - I prefer plain papers so I can decorate them myself. I do have lots of patterned papers but I find myself steering more away from them than I used to. 





2 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card Sherri. Love the little surprise door. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Jinny said...

What a fun card! I especially love your little surprise door. Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny