Saturday, July 29, 2023

Ice Creams Galore

Alphabet Challenges - I is for Ice Cream
As You See It Challenge - Summertime & Livin' is Easy (The Thing I love about summer is homemade peach ice cream. I make it every summer and I will include the recipe)
TGIF - Sunny Days
Seize the Birthday - Be Inspired by a Book (The Ice Cream Book - see below)

Homemade Peach Ice Cream (No need for ice cream maker)

5 peaches
1 1/2 cups sugar    
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

In boiling water, blanch peaches for 1 minute and transfer to bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Peel and pit peaches, purée. In large bowl, stir together sugar, milk, and cream. Stir until dissolved. Stir in peach purée and vanilla. Freeze!


Embossing folder by Taylored Expressions
Ice cream cones by Memory Box














9 comments:

meg said...

Enjoyed trying to guess the flavours of these fabulous I've cream cones,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Heather said...

Super yum, Sherri! And thanks for the recipe, I'll totally try this one! My go-to is Earl Grey, which I make into ice cream sandwiches on lemon pizzelles, lol. Good times! Love this big tipsy cone stack - fun colors! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe for the peach icecream. It sounds delicious and looks an easy recipe - a perfect combination. Just like ice cream and summer! Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

I love ice cream, so thanks for the recipe, Sherri! This is a really cute card with that tippy stack of cones in all those bright ice cream water colours! I love that embossed background, too! Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

Dawn Phillips said...

Thanks for the recipe Sherri. It sounds delicious and your card is lovely. Thanks for joining my theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I have a real weak spot for ice cream Sherri - your peach flavoured recipe sounds delicious! I love your rainbow of ice creams against that fun white embossed front panel too - and whilst I could eat it any time, ice cream does taste better on a summer's day! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

Jane Knudsen said...

The absolute best part of summer is the ice cream. Your card is bright and the embossing folder on point! Thank you for the recipe - I am going to try making that - it sounds delish! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

Glenda J said...

Such a delicious card! Great choice of embossing folder and a fun & colourful stack of ice cream! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Ashwini Rao said...

That's a lot of ice cream, but nothing that can't be finished off in a day of summer! Awesome card, Sherri! And thanks for the recipe as well! Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!