Thursday, April 15, 2021

No line watercoloring

No line coloring has always been a challenge for me. When I first saw the no line coloring ink pad come out, I had to buy it because I saw how "easy" it looked.. Well, I am here to tell you, it's not that easy and I do think it takes a skill to pull it off. After many months (possibly, even a year or more of trying), I am pleased with this latest card I did using Tracey Hey's elephants. The challenge at Splitcoast was Abstract Watercoloring and you can see Lydia's you tube video here. This only took me 4 tries but I love the end result. I decided to add some washi tape to the side and I watercolored this using my Jane Davenport watercolors. You really need PATIENCE when doing this and I find myself lacking that.

Happy Little Stampers - Watercoloring

Hubby and I went hiking today and we saw not one, not two but FIVE waterfalls and I can't wait to see more. We have so many beautiful waterfalls in NC that I want to see them all now. We had a great time and here are a few pics and a video of one of them (Tory's Falls at Hanging Rock State Park, about 85 miles from us)



Much cooler today than it was last
week when my daughter and I went

Lots of stairs to these
waterfalls but somehow we
managed to get up and down them

Aren't we cute together? LOL






4 comments:

meg said...

Fabulous colouring Sherri you've nailed this technique,love the soft colours on this adorable pair,

Beautiful pics the scenery is stunning

Bunny said...

Patience is right. I have a really hard time with no line. Your card turned out great.

I love the outdoor pictures. The waterfall is beautiful. Great pictures. Y'all do look cute! [Bunny]

Sue - said...

Sweet card, I know just what you mean about no line watercolouring! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fabulous make hun, they look super cute

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Happy Little Stampers Watercolour' this month
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx