Saturday, March 13, 2021

Just Wanted to Say Hello

I tried a new technique called Lift the Paint and you can see it here at Splitcoast. You will need the following: acrylic paints, diaper wipe, stencil and a brayer. Here, I used 4 colors: pink, orange, lime green, and purple. 

I took a piece of heavy cardstock (I did not use waterproof paper and it worked just fine) and I dripped some dots of acrylic paint onto the paper. Brayer colors together. Immediately, while still wet, place stencil on top and go over stencil with baby wipe using a swiping motion. Let dry. Add your image and sentiment. 

A Place to Start - Pick a Shape (I chose Ellipse)
Beyond the Blue - Use What You've Got (I had made this background waiting for the perfect little image to add to it and I decided to add this cute mouse by Unity)

Stamps by Unity Stamps
Colored with Watercolor paints








3 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous card Sherri,I'm tempted to try this technique

Lee said...

Sherri it's beautiful! What a fun technique! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Beyond The Blue!

Chana Malkah said...

Your background is awesome and I just love that cute image! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer