Thursday, April 2, 2020

Each day you are part of a miracle

Have you seen the brand new digi stamps by Unity Stamps? They are perfect for nurses and doctors!!  You can find them here.

So today when I woke up, a friend of mine who is an oncology nurse was begging for more masks on Facebook. Any kind of mask, store bought, hand made ... etc. I could just hear the desperation in her post!!  So I got out my sewing machine and made some masks. I had all different size elastic cord but after several HOURS - I decided 1/4" wide is the best for these masks. I am dropping them off in a little bit on her front porch along with this card :).

You can see my masks I made below. I will definitely be making more.  I ordered some more elastic cord on ebay and it should be delivered next week. I hate I only could give her 5 but I ran out of cording!! (Oops I notice I only took a pic of 4. The last mask has no elastic cord, it has straps that you have to tie in back of your head.) I watched these 2 videos here for inspiration -
with elastic and with straps . After I figured out how to do them, they literally each take 10-15 minutes so they're fast and easy.

Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks - Stamp Act
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes

Digi stamps by Unity Stamps



4 comments:

meg said...

Your friend is lucky to have someone like you Sherri a great selection of masks and a gorgeous card

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a great card and the sentiment almost makes me cry! My niece is a nurse in Wisconsin and she has not seen the worst of it quite yet and I hope that she won't!
Rachelle : )

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous job Sherri. I hope your friend stays safe. Love Dawn x

Lori Turner said...

Oh Sherri this is so awesome...makes my heart happy! Thank you so much for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week xoxox