Thursday, February 13, 2020

Spotlight Watercolor

I tried this Spotlight Watercolor technique that Kristina Werner tried last week in a recent video. You can find it here. My flower stamp is from Concord & 9th and I used my Jane Davenport watercolors.

I have been a part of a wonderful organization called chemo-angels.com and they match chemo patients up with "card angels" and we send them a card once or twice a week. I've had an angel for 6 months and she just graduated last week. Yay for her!! I got a new angel this week and this is my first card going to her. I hope it cheers her up. I love this technique and I will definitely be trying it again.

The Flower Challenge - Add leaves
Global Design Project - Let It Grow
Artsystamper  Digitals - Hearts and Flowers
Try Stampin' (or not) on Tuesday - Sketch 444








          




9 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful first card for your new angel Sherri, wonderful colouring for this great technique

Bunny said...

What a lovely way to cheer someone up who is in need of cheering. Thank you for doing that.

Your spotlight card is beautiful and I know someone will love it. [Bunny]

Darlene said...

Unique design and absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Heather said...

So pretty! What a fun way to "spotlight" your layout - I love the added dimension! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Dawn Phillips said...

Gorgeous job Sherri. You nailed that spotlight card . It's beautiful. Love Dawn x

Betenshi said...

Great idea for layers with colour and dimension! Also I have to mention the message, really sweet.
Thanks so much for participating in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!

Donna Scholz said...

What a wonderful program, Sherri! I'm sure your new angel will love your card and its sentiment! Thank you for giving of yourself, and sharing your creativity with us here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! -Donna

Ericka Strange said...

Love the spotlight look and this is one of my favorite flower images! Beautiful job and thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

Fiona said...

What a lovely card - I'm sure the recipient will be over the moon to receive this - such a lovely idea. Thanks for joining us at TSOT this week.