Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sewing for Australia

Have you seen the heartbreaking news on the fires that are out of control in Australia? It just breaks my heart. I have a pen pal who lives in Victoria, Australia and we've been friends for 30 years. She asked if I could sew anything for the injured animals. I thought "sure why not?" I have TONS of left over fabric that is just sitting in my drawers so I dug those out and got to work. Of course, I spent all day yesterday scouring the internet, joining a couple of different crafting fb groups to see what they needed. I got it all figured out and took a trip to Joann's today for flannel fabric (I had everything BUT flannel as I was always afraid to sew flannel but it actually was pretty easy). The flannel is needed for the liners inside of these bags. They are very easy to make and I have no idea how many I will get made. I also want to make a joey bag that they actually carry the small kangaroos around in a bag. That's on my agenda tomorrow. I wanted to try these first since they were much easier.

They have hub's set up all around the US that you can literally take your things there to get mailed off but I am mailing mine directly to my friend Tonia. She said she would hand deliver them and she is so excited I am doing this for them.

This is the you tube video I followed.







This is already a week old but look at
everything they need. Literally, 100's of thousands
of crafters around the world are stepping up to sew
for these poor animals.





2 comments:

meg said...

Love your pouches Sherri, great to see so much support for the injured animals

Bunny said...

Kudos for jumping right in and doing something rather than saying something. These are cute and definitely needed. [Bunny]