Friday, November 1, 2019

Cut It Up Challenge #186 -- Thankful/Thanksgiving using the smooshing technique

This week at Cut It Up we are to make a Thankful/Thanksgiving card using the Smooshing Technique. It's been awhile since I have done this technique but once I did it, I remembered how fun it could be to get different results with your smooshed inks. I used my Catherine Pooler inks here with a little bit of water on a piece of acetate to get this effect. I watched this you tube video to do my card. I would love to see what you come up with at Cut It Up. Please don't forget your die cut.

Turkey die cut by Gina Marie Designs
Sentiment by Taylored Expressions
Inks used: Catherine Pooler Aquatini and Orange Twist

5 comments:

meg said...

love the colours you used in the smooshing , they complement the die cut turkey perfectly

Vicki said...

Wow, I love the background colors that you used! They compliment one another so beautifully! Cute turkey!

Treva said...

Great background colors and cute little turkey. Welcome to the CIU design team!

ScrappyHorses said...

Such a fun Thanksgiving card! Wonderfully festive background for that cute little guy!

Rachelle Oltean said...

Hey Sherri! I really love that little turkey die and it really works well on your smooshed background! This is such a fun card and is really bright and colorful while still saying Thanksgiving! This one's a winner!
Rachelle : )