Saturday, August 24, 2019

Craft Supplies

I learned how to make this background from taking Kristina Werner's watercolor class last summer (or was it the summer before last?). Its fun to do. All you need to use some painter's tape to tape down your paper so it doesn't warp from the water and watercolors plus it makes this cute white border all around your card. Then, I measured a square every 3/4" and made each square a different color. Make sure each color dries before adding next color or they will run and some might become that nasty brown color when mixed. I can't seem to get enough of this cute car from The Stamp Market.

Today I am going to see Catherine Pooler at Paper/Crafting Studio in Greensboro. I absolutely love her inks and can't wait to finally meet her. I am very excited to see her brand new Color Bursts that her and Ken Oliver have made up. They just came out this week and I am sure I will be coming home with a pack of those!! I love the CP vibrant colors. I will report back tomorrow on how that went :).

Color Throwdown - Challenge #557
2 Sisters on the Blog - Vehicle



Stamps and die cuts by The Stamp Market
Watercolors by Jane Davenport




8 comments:

meg said...

fabulous way to use the colours from the challenge, great background and image

Lori said...

How fun! Love your color blocked background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is fun, great back ground for your carfull of crafty fun.

Vickie Z said...

Fun background and sweet car! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

That color block background is so eye-catching! What a fun image and pretty much sums up my car when I go to Hobby Lobby - lol! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Dawn Phillips said...

What a fantastic background. Make sure you don't need a roof rack for your new ink purchases. Coming home with 'a' set. I bet you don't just get one!

Love Dawn x

Caroline said...

Great card in these colours!
Thanks for joining our challenge this month.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontehblog

Nicolette said...

very nice.
Thank you for joining us.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog