Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Use a Spray Challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond

This week's challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond is Use a Spray. I decided to use my Tim Holtz Distress Resist Spray. I first set my stencil down on my watercolor cardstock and I sprayed the distress resist spray on top (spray in a box as it tends to get everywhere). I let it dry and then I used my Tim Holtz Oxide inks on it and let those dry. I thought this background was perfect to go with this mermaid set I got from Stampabilities at Hobby Lobby. In some videos I saw where you should rub off the colors using a baby wipe but when I did that, I didn't like that as well as this one so I kept this one "as is". I did watch this you tube video that shows how to use the distress resist spray.

Back to Basics and Beyond - Use a Spray (ink, bleach, mica pearls, etc)

Stamps by Stampabilities
I used my glitter pen on
her mermaid scales


I sure hope you will join us at BBB with your sprays.

6 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as distress resist spray. I need to check this out as it's made a lovely background for your stamp. Love Dawn x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Sherri, I love your colorful background and mermaid! I really like using distress resist spray but boy is it messy!

Rachelle Oltean said...

I agree with Dawn - I'm going to have to try out the resist spray! You used 3 of my favorite DO ink colors and the combo works so well in this card. The large doodle stencil is really awesome with this design and yes, it is now o'fish'ally mermaid season!
Rachelle x

meg said...

love the result of using the distress resist spray with the oxides, the mermaid sits perfectly with it

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Beautiful bright and cheery card, your mermaid is so pretty and I must give the distress resist spray a try.... something to add to my ever growing wish list!
Jenny x

Lucille K said...

Such a happy card. I like the effect you got with the resist spray, very pretty :)