Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back from FL on spring break ....














































I took Emily and a friend to FL for Spring Break. They ran me "ragged" since we only had one car but we all had a good time. The weather was perfect. Not too hot yet and it stayed around 78-80 degrees most days. The girls went to the beach alot so are nice and tan now!! I planted a St. Joseph statue in the yard to help sell the house. We will see if that works!! We also got to see the space shuttle go off at 6:20 am one morning. Sydney woke up for it but Emily would not get up so Sydney saw her first space shuttle "live". This was the last time the space shuttle will ever take off in the dark so I was glad we could see it. (Look closely at the photo with the bird's nest. I "think" I see a pelican in it. I had no idea when I took it but I see it now) I got to meet up with Caryn for lunch at Harry and the Natives. I met Carol and Sherie for lunch at the thai restaurant and we had our favorite sweet and sour soup. Dawn and I met at the bagel restaurant for bagels one morning and Betsey and I met at Toojays for tilapia. While at Toojays the manager came over and gave us this HUGE piece of chocolate cake for free so if I can figure out how I can get the pic off my cell phone, I will do that later. Sherri and I went to Panera Bread for soup one night. I missed seeing Gerry, she was in the Keys for the week and I also missed seeing Jan - they were in on a cruise. I did see Leslie and we chatted for awhile and got "caught up". We were busy, busy, busy!!!
On the way back we stopped at UNCP for their open house. There were about 1,000 people there so it was very crowded. It is the PERFECT school for Emily. She just has to decide whether or not she wants to go there. The whole school is only 6,000 kids. 14:0 class ratio (PERFECT!). 2 hours from home. What more could a girl want? :) Here are some pics I took on vacation.

2 comments:

Traci G said...

wow! And I thought I was a messy room-mate!!!

Chelsea said...

Glad you guys had fun!