Thursday, January 15, 2009

Long lost friends ....

Just in the past week, I have reconnected with 3 old dear friends. Diane from Scotland found me on Facebook . Jacque from California found me on Facebook. Laura from Indiana found my blog. It has been at least 12 or more years since I have talked to either Diane or Laura. When I was a teenager, I loved to write letters. It was not unusual for me to have 100 pen pals all at once. Of course, I haven't met all of these pen pals over the years but I have met a few. Laura and I met once if I remember right. Diane and I have never met face to face but its so nice to get caught up after all these years. Jacque and I are stamping "friends" and met in Las Vegas about 3 or 4 years ago. The internet is a great thing!! So this is a shout out to Diane, Jacque and Laura!! Its great to hook back up and I hope we can keep in touch!!!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I totally agree with you, it is great to find old friends/family and to stay connected with everyone else. I just found a high school friend of my brothers who I also knew well at that time after almost 30 years. And just reconnected with my cousin who sad to say we have not been in touch since we were kids. Where does all the time go.

Cannyfinds said...

you are so right about not losing touch again, it was too easy back in snailmail days just to drift apart, no exsuses now!! No way you just cant get to the post office LOL I seem to have managed to keep in touch witha few people over the past few years, guess it was mainly my fault for not keeping in touch, but all those years ago if someone had said to you you could send a message into cyberspace and get a reply shortly afterwards, youd have thought they were mad, and now what would we do without it !!!