Sunday, October 21, 2007

I took a Halloween Acrylic Class today at Scrap Shack in Mooresville ...

It was super easy and would make a great gift!! The instructor had went to Lowe's or Home Depot and bought a huge piece of plexiglass (make sure you get the plexiglass for crafts - it is not as thick as normal plexi) and cut it into several pieces using a special knife (I will find out what kind of knife she used as I want to make more). This album is 6 1/4 x 6 1/4. She used a dry erase marker to draw them out so she knew where to cut and then she was able to erase it right off when she was done cutting. She ran the knife over it several times (as in 7 times each for each piece) and then put it on the ground, stepped on it and kind of snapped it till it broke. Then she sanded each edge so it wouldn't be sharp. Punch your 2 holes using your Cropadile. She said it works great in it. Then add your rings. In the class we used ALOT of rub-ons and then just glued the paper on. I really like how it came out. The back page is supposed to be a pocket but I noticed I accidentally put my pocket upside down. There is a tag inside the pocket. So now its ready to hold photos. It was SUPER easy and there were 6 of us in the class and we were done before the 2 hours was up. I can't wait to make a Christmas one next :).

9 comments:

pescbrico said...

This does look awesome... I have to do that too if I can get the stuff to do it!

Sharon said...

Great idea, your's turned out really nice. Halloween is my favorite, I have lots of decorations. Are all those pumkins yours?

BarbK said...

Sherri, this is so cute. What size is it? Yours turned out really sweet. I need to make two, for the grandbabies, you know.

Pam Speidel said...

This is SO COOL! I love it! It's amazing what some people think of to create. Wish I could have taken he class with you Sherri! :)

Heather Grow said...

Super cute. Looks like a fun class.

ellie said...

I love it...what a great job you did. I will have to try that...I think a Christmas one or a doggie one would be fun to do.

Lesa said...

That is a fantastic album. So cool. Can't wait to see your Xmas one when you're done.

Anonymous said...

How did you do the stitching?

I absolutely love acrylic albums....I've used the heavier acrylic, but your so right, the plexiglass is the way to go.

Sheila
s_pavelec@yahoo.com

Swamp Tulip said...

Way cool! You find the neatest projects Sherri.

Teresa