Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Update on Robin ...

I have posted about my wonderful friend Robin several times - she is battling breast cancer. Now its in her bones, hip, and liver. On Monday, she fell and slipped in the shower and broke her femur bone in her leg. She has been in the hospital so I went to see her today and she gets to come home today. They really need to do surgery but her blood counts are so low, they are not able to do anything with her leg. They have it in a splint so she can't move it and they have her hooked up to a morphine drip. She calls it her Happy drug. She just has to push a button when she feels pain. She is sleeping alot now and will be confined to the hospital bed at her house. Its so sad to see her like this and I hope she doesn't have to suffer much longer. Hospice will now come in everyday to help her. Its so hard on the kids seeing her go downhill so fast. She has had the most amazing battle for 6 years. Almost 7 years now. Cancer just stinks!! There is no other way to say it!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have already talked but I just wanted to say how sorry I am!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Robin, she sure has suffered so much.
Robin and her family are in my prayers.
Loretta