Sunday, February 25, 2007

We shopped till we literally dropped yesterday!!!


I met up with Ellie & Deb yesterday and we drove to the Enchanted Cottage which is a huge stamp store about an hour away. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way (which is my favorite!) and then we were ready to do some serious shopping. They were having a 25% sale so we were in luck! We started out at 8 am and were there by 10 when they opened. We ended up staying till 2 or 2:30 so you can all say we did not leave with empty hands :). Another stamper Debbie that we all knew met us there and we all had our photo taken (see above). Debbie had to get home to her small kids so we went to lunch nearby. While we were there, we used their phone book to see if we saw any other scrapbooking stores nearby. We were in luck! There was one about 8 miles away. Luckily, Ellie had her "GPS" so we used that for the directions. We had accidentally put in the wrong address so it took us to the right destination but it certainly was no scrapbook store I wanted to go into (it was way in the middle of nowhere back in a neighborhood) so after we figured we were not in the right spot, we called the store and found out we had written down the wrong road so we had to go a totally different direction. It was so worth it - this scrapbook store had so much paper I had never even seen before. It was great! All along the way Deb kept saying "Oh there's a Joanne's" so of course we had to stop there. More purchases there. Next she finds a "Michael's" so we stopped there. Then she sees a "AC Moore". Of course, we buy more stamps there (30% off there). We FINALLY get back to Ellie's house where we all just laid down our bags and we thought "I wonder who can guess whose bags are whose". So can you guess whose pile belongs to who? LOL We had a great day and we were gone 15 HOURS!!!! I am exhausted just writing this all down for you all to enjoy!!! LOL :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherri! I finally got smart enough to just sign on to Explorer and access my aol email that way---links work thru explorer but not my aol program (?). So I am just now visiting your blogsite, and I love it. I am REALLY impressed with Emily's artwork. She really has talent! Guess she gets it from her creative mom....

K Hutchinson said...

Hi Sherri! So glad to hear that you all have fun shopping until you all dropped! Can't wait to see what you all make with your new "goodies"!

~K

shuggy said...

sounds like you had a great time!!

jdpisces said...

Love love love your song selection on here! Looks like I will be humming this all night!!!

Great cards today!

Anonymous said...

Wow, who picks your music?? hee hee. it's our secret
I am bopping along with it turned up really loud. Memories of junior high school discos flooding back to me
sarah

Sharon said...

Love all the pics, glad we can post comments again. I liked your blog so much I decided to start my own. So much to learn. Not as good as yours yet, but I'll keep playing. I'm stealing some of your ideas but I guess since you stole from others you probably won't mind. Maybe I can find my own stuff too. LOL.